MPD Introduction

  • Durham, Alfred (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2010
      Good afternoon:

      On Friday, November 19th, Chief Cathy Lanier assigned me to temporarily command the Patrol Services and School Security Bureau. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the residents and visitors of the Fifth District. My name is Alfred Durham and I am an assistant chief of police with the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD). I have 23 years of law enforcement experience. My most recent assignment was executive officer for the department, which entailed a myriad of operational duties in direct support of the Executive Office of the Chief of Police in carrying out the mission and operational needs of the department.

      If there is anything I can do to assist you as a community or an individual, please feel free to contact me at alfred.durham@.... I will be monitoring communications on this listserv and ensuring that all concerns are addressed.

      Additionally, I ask that you continue to serve as the additional eyes and ears for all law enforcement in the Washington Metropolitan region.

      <http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?doc=/mpdc/lib/mpdc/info/comm/seesay_poster.pdf>

      If you SEE something, SAY something. Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred. Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.

      Thank you.

      Assistant Chief Alfred Durham
      Executive Officer
      Executive Office of the Chief of Police
      Metropolitan Police Department
      300 Indiana Avenue NW Suite 5080
      Washington DC 20001
      alfred.durham@...

      2010- The Year of Accountability.

      Preventing terrorism is everybody's business.
      If you SEE something, SAY something.
      Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@...<mailto:SAR@...> to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.