Re: [MPD-5D] Fw: Fwd: Passing of ANC 5B Commissioner Bill Myers

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
      It was truly an honor to serve the people of Langston Carver with Commissioner Myers, he was truly unselfish in his time and efforts as it pertained to public service. My sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends for their lost. He will be surely missed by the community and his MPD family.
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
        I agree with you, Commander Greene. I am truly saddened by this news! Commissioner Myers will definitely, definitely be missed! My condolences to his family, residents of Carver and to others whom were touched by his presence.

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:45:46 -0500
        To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010

          I worked with Commissioner Myers on many projects over the years.
          He made a tremendous difference in the lives of many thousands of residents. He was always there for his constituents and was in near constant contact with the DC government. This man was a real leader, a role model, and someone I looked up to and tried to emulate.
          If every community in this Nation had a leader like him, we would be far better off. I never heard him make a disparaging remark or unkind comment about anyone. He was a real builder of community and a booster of people.
          Merrit Drucker