Re: [MPD-5D] Attempted Car Jacking

  • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
      Sorry to hear about this and thanks for the quick response MPD I will follow up on the street light concern please email me at hthomas@...

      ----- Reply message -----
      From: "Daniella Gibbs Leger" <daniellagibbsleger@...>
      Date: Fri, Nov 5, 2010 4:45 am
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Attempted Car Jacking
      To: "Brookland" <brookland@yahoogroups.com>, "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

      File this under I never thought it would happen to us.  Two individuals attempted to car jack my husband with a gun right in front of our house tonight.  He turned and ran down the street, they thankfully did not give chase.  He called 911 and cops came right away.  While he was with the cops, an attempted car jacking happened elsewhere on Monroe, two individuals as well.

      The perps hid in our ally, which has been without a light for a week.  I called the mayor's call center last week to fix it.  Is there anyone on this list who can help me get that done NOW?  Between this incident and the attempted house break in a few months ago AND the ongoing prostitution issues, my little neck of the woods is becoming a bit dicey for me.

      This happened on Monroe between RIA and Clinton.

      Neighbors, BE SAFE out there and keep your porch lights on.

      Daniella on Monroe