Sunday Parking No Parking

  • lillian brown
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11, 2006
      Is there a number we can call for taffic, and blocking driveways on
      Sunday We talk with the churches they have parking guides that doesnt
      help.
    • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2006

        You can always contact MPD on the none emergency number which is 311.  If you know what PSA you are in you can also contact the PSA Lieutenant or their Sergeant to have a unit come over to ask the members to move their cars or issue tickets.

        Francine P. Edmonds

        Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

        Office of Neighborhood Service

        64 New York Avenue NE,

        Room 4100

        Washington, DC 20002

        (202) 671-0726

        (202) 671-0728 (Fax)

        francine.edmonds@...

        To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit www.src.dc.gov

        Is there a number we can call for taffic, and blocking driveways on
        Sunday We talk with the churches they have parking guides that doesnt
        help.

      • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2006
          The number to call is 311.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2006
            Are you sure 311 is the right number to call?

            I've called 311 about parking violations before and the operator wouldn't even register my
            call because they claimed that the police have no jurisdiction over parking.

            Incedentally I was calling to report cars parked in the sidewalk at Jimmie Muscatello's
            Uniform Shop. There are almost always cars parked illegally there, blocking the sidewalk
            and the entrance to Reed Street.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Jennifer \(MPD\)" <jennifer.greene@d...>
            wrote:

            > The number to call is 311.

          • Medoro, Anthony (MPD)
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 15, 2006
              Yes, 311 is the right number to call. If dissatisfied, ask to speak with a supervisor. Also, I will speak to the owner of Jimmie Muscatello's concerning the parking problems.

              Lt. Medoro

              ________________________________

              wrote:

              > The number to call is 311.

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Caro Alcuaz
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2006
                I am new to the neighborhood, but may I have an update on the activities and response on the NW corner of  NY and North Capitol?  I have read in Newspaper articles and listservs that there are illegal activities going on.  What is being done about it?  I am especially concerned that  our  brothers and sisters  who wish to wean themselves from thier addictions are in close proximity to such temptation.  I also worry about the vulnerability of children who regularly pass through that corner.

                Wouldn't regular foot patrols, cleanups (I am trying to get one organized), and cameras (hidden or obvious) help?

                A response would be appreciated.

              • k_fw
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 17, 2006
                  Thanks Lt. Medoro.

                  It's hard enough crossing Reed Street without getting hit by the cars flying down the street
                  at top speed (or by cars charging out of Metro parking) without all the extra cars double
                  parked so the drivers can get their uniforms more quickly.