RE: [MPD-5D] Washington Times: Church double parking

  • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11 11:04 AM
      5D has dealt with the double parking issue, several times over the years, with several churches on Bladensburg Road and in old 5D that is now 1D. The process for resolution begins with meetings involving the churches, and the community to try and work out an amicable solution for both neighbors to coexist. As long as the resolution does not create a traffic hazard, we (the Police Department) will normally relax enforcement around churches. According to news sources, as that is where I also heard the story, several churches had come up with a plan for parking that obviously was not working, community residents got involved and solicited that police district for help. I am not sure of the outcome, as most often the church parking issues are addressed by each Church & Community.