Fw: Abandoned Property/Squatters - 1600 blk of Montello Avenue, North East

  • sheila donaldson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      Good Afternoon,

      I would like to bring to your attention, once again, the abandoned property located in the 1600 blk of Montello Ave., NE. [exact address sent to commander].  Please view the attached thread.  The vacant property is still active with community addicts and vagrants.  The weather will be getting colder soon and a four-unit vacant property on Montello Avenue, North East, would be a the perfect place to harbor vagrants and commit crime.  Please update me so I am able to
      bring some comfort to my elder mother, who resides two (2) doors away from this activity.  Thanks

      Date: Friday, May 22, 2009, 11:05 AM

      Thank you for bringing the property 1600 blk of Montello Ave NE to our attention.

      The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) Vacant Property Unit (VPU) will inspected the property on June 5, 2009 and if the inspection revealed that the property is vacant with violations, owners will be fined $500 each.  The property taxes will be classified as Class 3 under the Nuisance and Abatement Act of 2008 which is taxed at $10 per $100 if it is verified as vacant.

      We will send to the property owner(s) a vacant property registration form if it is verified as vacant.  The forms have a normal compliance period of thirty (30) day(s).   If the owner does not complete and return the vacant property registration form within the thirty (30) day(s) time frame, a fifteen (15) day(s) delinquency notice will be sent to the owner.

      If you have any further questions or request information, please feel free to contact Kim Queen at 442-4332 or visit us at dcra.dc.gov.

      Thanh-Thuy "Twee" Nguyen
      Manager
      Vacant Property Unit/Board of Condemnation and Insanitary Buildings (BCIB)
      941 N. Capitol St NE Ste 7100
      Washington, DC 20001
      (202) 442-4406 (voice)
      (202) 442-9564 (fax)