If You SEE Something, SAY Something

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010
      CROSS-POST FROM MPD-SLU LISTSERV

      101028-SeeSomethingSaySomething

      All month long, we have been telling you that October is National Crime Prevention Month.  However, we would like for every month to serve as Crime Prevention Month.  Below is an important reminder from the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).  You serve as extra eyes and ears, here in the nation's capital.  Report suspicious activity by calling 9-1-1.

      The link to the "See Something, Say Something" poster is a great way for you to share this important message with friends, family and community groups (including online neighborhood groups).  You can help share the message by Printing and Posting this handout in offices, schools, churches, businesses, community meetings and more.  If you are unable to print the flyer and would like to obtain one, please call your district's Outreach Coordinator (see below).

      "See Something, Say Something" [POSTER ]:

      http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?doc=/mpdc/lib/mpdc/info/comm/seesay_poster.pdf

      Office of Community Outreach
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Washington, DC

      Special Note: Food4Families- (a joint community service project between NBC4, Safeway, PEPCO, Georgetown U Hosp. and many more great organizations and companies) will have boxes outside of every police district's Halloween Safe Haven to begin collecting canned goods for this year's Thanksgiving Food Drive.  The Office of Community Outreach is asking that you support this effort.  For more info: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/halloween

      MPD Outreach Staff & Halloween Safe Haven Organizers

      1D- Ms. Carolyn L. Smith (202.489.9533); 2D-Ofc Rhonda Hardy (202.270.2286); 3D- Mr. Marco Santiago (202.671.6604); 4D- Ms. Joy Elliott-Freeman (202.270-1640); 5D- Ms. Fayette Vaughn-Lee (202.698.0188); 6D- Ms. Julia Irving (202.698.1315); 7D- Ms. Lendia Johnson (202.698.1454)

      Office of Community Outreach
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Washington, DC

      Yvonne Smith