Stolen Car Recovered

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010
      Good Afternoon All:

      I am very happy to report that my car was recovered and I can still drive it. This experience was horrible because of the timing and being deprived of my property. No one should have to worry about having their belongings stolen. I greatly appreciate the persons that responded with the location of my vehicle, the phone calls and heartfelt concern of many listserv members. When I sent out mass emails to every ward I envisioned one city wide neighborhood watch group springing into action. I am glad that several neighbors heeded the call.

      I would not wish this experience upon anyone. If you have not already done so, back up your cell phone contact list, never carry your social security card in your purse or wallet and keep the contents of your car spare. Consider what you would  do if you walked to where you parked your car and it was stolen. devise a plan, which should include canceling your credit cards and checking accounts ASAP. Also, be vigilant and report strange situations to the police. One neighbor told me he saw my car, with the windows rolled down, campaign signs affixed and one set of lights flashing yesterday and thought it looked strange; though, he did not call the police. Let us all commit to looking out for our neighbors. I am glad this incident had a pleasant outcome.

      Kathy Henderson