Re: checkpoint at 10th & Douglas NE - good job

  • Sonya Harway
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hear hear! If I'm not mistaken, there was also a checkpoint on Wednesday night, as well as
      some arrests made on Thursday during the day. Thank you very much for the focus on this
      notorious problem spot-- it sorely needs it. We also look forward to seeing the light-
      tower again, as well as the mini-stations that we've been discussing since last April.

      Can the police give us an update of recent arrests made in this immediate vicinity? I am
      also very curious to hear what happened on the night of 12/28. From my vantage point
      (two doors down), I saw uniformed officers, a few plainclothes officers, and multiple ATF
      officers doing what looked like a raid on the apartment buildings on the 2500 block of
      10th St. NE. I was told by Lt. Medoro that some guns and drugs were found and that there
      were several arrests, but I am interested to hear more information.

      -Sonya
      (10th and Douglas)