Possible gunshots - Brookland area 9:30pm?

  • Taylor Armstrong
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2010
      Just heard what sounded like 8-12 gunshots at about 9:28pm. Hard to tell exact location, as I was hearing it through a window on the alley, but possibly around the Taft Playground area. Sounded like 2-3 initial reports, followed by 5-10 more in quick succession, and all sounded like they were coming from the same weapon, if it was indeed gunshots.

      Any information, or did anyone else hear the same thing?
    • MarkS
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2010
        I heard the same thing - couldn't tell what the direction was, but your count sounds like what I heard as well.

        Mark

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Taylor Armstrong <Taylor.Armstrong@...> wrote:

        > Just heard what sounded like 8-12 gunshots at about 9:28pm. Hard to tell exact location, as I was hearing it through a window on the alley, but possibly around the Taft Playground area. Sounded like 2-3 initial reports, followed by 5-10 more in quick succession, and all sounded like they were coming from the same weapon, if it was indeed gunshots.
        >
        > Any information, or did anyone else hear the same thing?

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2010

          Around 9:30pm we had a call for gunshots heard in the area, officers responded and searched the area but found nothing.  It is unclear whether these where fireworks or real gunshots. However it is good to see citizens are calling when they hear and see suspicious activity

          I heard the same thing - couldn't tell what the direction was, but your count sounds like what I heard as well.

          Mark

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Taylor Armstrong <Taylor.Armstrong@...> wrote:

          > Just heard what sounded like 8-12 gunshots at about 9:28pm. Hard to tell
          exact location, as I was hearing it through a window on the alley, but possibly around the Taft Playground area. Sounded like 2-3 initial reports, followed by 5-10 more in quick succession, and all sounded like they were coming from the same weapon, if it was indeed gunshots.

          > Any information, or did anyone else hear the same thing?

        • carol fleming
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2010
            I heard the gunshots too. It did not sound like firecrackers! It is always hard to detect where gunshots are coming from but it did sound like it was coming from the back of the Taft School.
            Carol Fleming, 18th & Otis