Re: 900 Rhode Island

  • erheramb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      neighborhood was mailed information and information was given at PSA
      meetings. Also, Ms. Rayseen Woodland (ANC Commissioner) was very
      much a part of getting CSOSA in the neighborhood so you can, also,
      thank her! Although I am not fond of the idea, it is here for now
      and, to try and look on the bright side, at least there is something
      going in on an empty building which will hopefully bring more stores
      on RIA since all of the government workers will probably get sick of
      eating at Giant.
      Peace,
      Erin
      10th
      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, gwensouth@a... wrote:

      > Jackie,
      >
      > This is exactly my concern as well. CSOSA did not post on the
      Brookland
      > Listserv their intentions for this site. They used the MPD-5D
      site, and many
      > Brooklanders are probably not familiar with it. When I read about
      the office on
      > the MPD-5D listserv, I cut and pasted the posting to Brookland,
      Suzanne did not
      > post it, but instead sent me an email saying that I did not "sign"
      my
      > posting. To this day, I have no idea of what she meant, but I do
      know that she
      > monitors and she decides which messages will be posted to
      Brookland's listserv.

      > I was concerned when I first learned about this CSOSA
      office/center because
      > for years they have been looking for a Center in Ward 5. Ex-
      offenders attend
      > these centers to speak with their parole officer and to take drug
      tests. Each
      > time CSOSA tried to open a new center in ward 5, it was protested
      by the
      > community. This time, they were very quiet about it. I know that
      officials of
      > CSOSA do read the ward 5 listservs, however, they refused to
      respond and give
      > more detailed information about what services will be provided,
      simply telling me
      > to contact them directly.
      >
      > Because this office/center is located at the Rhode Island Avenue
      Metro, all