checkpoint at 10th & Douglas NE - good job

  • baringlake
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
      Coming home this evening, I saw a checkpoint at 10th & Douglas NE, and
      I wanted to thank you for the attention to this area. The large
      apartment building there tends to get a lot of traffic, often by cars
      with Maryland plates, to buy drugs, so a checkpoint helps send a message.

      I'd love to keep seeing the checkpoint or other police activity there,
      since the drug sales are often happen in the open (and within sight of
      an elementary school).

      Thanks for the checkpoint tonight!
      Jen
    • Sonya Harway
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2006
        Hear hear! If I'm not mistaken, there was also a checkpoint on Wednesday night, as well as
        some arrests made on Thursday during the day. Thank you very much for the focus on this
        notorious problem spot-- it sorely needs it. We also look forward to seeing the light-
        tower again, as well as the mini-stations that we've been discussing since last April.

        Can the police give us an update of recent arrests made in this immediate vicinity? I am
        also very curious to hear what happened on the night of 12/28. From my vantage point
        (two doors down), I saw uniformed officers, a few plainclothes officers, and multiple ATF
        officers doing what looked like a raid on the apartment buildings on the 2500 block of
        10th St. NE. I was told by Lt. Medoro that some guns and drugs were found and that there
        were several arrests, but I am interested to hear more information.

        -Sonya
        (10th and Douglas)