Neighborhood News

  • TheolaLabbĂ©
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/04/AR2006010400757.html

      Let Us Know
      Thursday, January 5, 2006; Page DZ02

      The District Extra wants to know what your Advisory Neighborhood Commission
      or community civic association is doing. We are seeking news reports
      submitted by neighborhood organizations about activities in District
      neighborhoods.

      Is your group taking a stand against a business selling liquor? Let us
      know. Is your group protesting the location of a government building in
      your "back yard"? Let us know. Is your group cleaning a park, working with
      seniors or youths, or providing a new service to residents? Let us know.

      The reports should be about 250 words long. The author's name and day and
      evening contact information, including e-mail addresses, must be provided.
      The names and contact information of the officers of the organization
      should be included for confirmation purposes. The contact information is
      not counted in the 250-word limit.

      Send the reports to The District Extra by e-mail to dcextra@... .
      We also take reports by letter or fax at the address and number in the "How
      to Reach Us" box on this page. All reports will be edited. Please display
      "Neighborhood News" in the subject line of e-mail and prominently in any
      letter or fax.

      For more information, call Timothy Wilson at 202-334-7251.