Stolen Packages

  • PaulK
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2010
      Just wanted to let the community know that mail thieves are back in Brookland. On two occasions, Friday, October 8, and Tuesday, October 12, a thief stole packages delivered to my house in the 3000 block of 10th St. NE. The packages were delivered by UPS and FedEx, who are usually good at concealing the deliveries. The incident on Friday, 10/08, was brazen as the individual opened the package near my house, took the goods, and then threw away the box in my Supercan! Please be mindful of your deliveries!

      Paul on 10th
    • Gigi Ransom
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2010
        You may want to consider having your packages delivered to someone on your block or immediate neighborhood who you know will be home during the day, or arrange to pick them up when convenient.  This is a serious problem w/those who make a living stealing.  The good people must do what is right to protect their interests.  I am familar with the UPS & Fed Ex persons for my area.  When I am not going to be home on a delivery date, I either leave a note as to where to deliver or talk w/home office prior to delivery to inform where to deliver.  It works, and save me time from having to file reports, etc, and money in the long run.
        I truly feel for you and understand your frustrations. Gigi Ransom