Just some thoughts

  • x2j785
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
      Commander Greene:

      Thank you for your Press Release to the concerned, here on the `list
      server.'

      But then, since everyone here has an e-mail address and their online
      status is shown on the right hand side of the Home Page - that
      have you assigned a `junior' person under your command, to personally
      contact, via e-mail, that poster to assure them that their `concern'
      was at least recognized?

      These provided e-mails are `off line' so that they would go directly
      to the poster and not be in the public view – so as to `not incite'
      the others who might have `concerns' with the responsiveness.

      I mean, it might, just might, alleviate some of the stressors that
      the poster/s obviously have in their posting to this forum. It might
      just give them a better contact point and then better allow
      a `proper documentation' on so called specific problems.

      This would then better allow other tactical forces within the police
      arsenal, to focus on specifics. I do believe that the Courts would
      find that these efforts would be construed as being `reasonable.'

      I do believe that fling a false police report is as serious a crime
      as discharging an unsanctioned weapon.

      And lastly, maybe some people don't have the time, energy, means
      or `whatever' to make it to the monthly meeting? Maybe some
      better `marketing' efforts are needed?
    • Tina DCTina
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
        I agree. It sure would be nice to have some sort of
        acknowledgement that these posts are even being read.
        I posted something almost 2 weeks ago regarding an
        alarming and rapid incidence of ARMED ROBBERIES in
        BROAD DAYLIGHT in my neighborhood and have yet to see
        any sort of acknowledgement or response despite my
        asking for such. There was just another one last
        Friday around 3-4pm. We came home to find several
        police cars and an ambulance (for the beat up victim)
        on our street corner.
        Quite often it appears we're just talking to each
        other here with a random police response now and then.
        I understand the police are busy but I also agree that
        perhaps someone else should monitor here on their
        behalf and create an ongoing and constructive 2-WAY
        dialog with the police and the residents rather than
        what seems more often a black hole.
        Also much appreciated would be some info regarding any
        resolutions like the report of several arrests in Cmdr
        Greene's response here bringing our concerns full
        circle and allowing us to sleep better.

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com