Bates Area Civic Association Monthly Meeting, Monday Oct. 4th at 7pm

  • mrgeovani
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      Monday, October 4, 2010
      Meeting Agenda
      7 PM, Mt. Sinai Church 3rd and Q ST NW

      I. Meeting Called to Order Tracina Leake, Secretary

      II. Opening Remarks Miles Holloman, Vice President

      III. Community Updates Geovani Bonilla, President
      a. M.M. Washington Career High School Redevelopment Grant Authorization Emergency Act of 2010
      b. Extension of the Review Period for the Proposed Disposition of the J.F. Cooke School Emergency Declaration Resolution of 2010
      c. Florida Avenue Park Demolition and Construction Schedule

      IV. Special Guests
      a. Marilyn Kresky-Wolf, Executive Director, Open Arms Housing
      Open Arms is dedicated to providing permanent housing to vulnerable women who have previously been overlooked by current housing programs and services for the homeless. Open Arms currently operates a building at the unit block of O ST NW.
      b. Bradley Thomas, ANC 5C01 Candidate
      Mr. Thomas is a resident of the 100 block of P ST NW and seeks election to the ANC chair currently held by Anita Bonds. If elected, Mr. Thomas would become our ANC.
      c. Kimberly Tignor, ANC 5C01 Candidate
      Ms. Tignor is a resident of the 1700 block of New Jersey Avenue NW and seeks election to the ANC chair currently held by Anita Bonds. If elected, Ms. Tignor would become our ANC.

      V. Treasurer Report Margaret Stevens

      VI. Committee Updates
      a. Safety – review of crime statistics and PSA 501 MPD update
      b. Economic Development – Brett Abrams
      c. Youth Services – Miles Holloman
      d. Public Relations – Caryn Nesmith
      e. Community Relations – Jon Hasse

      VII. Standing Invitation (elected officials to be ranked by Civic Association at election time based on their participation and support of BACA community)
      a. Mayor's Office
      b. Council Member's Office (written update submitted by CM Thomas' Office)
      c. Council Member at Large Office
      d. ANC

      VIII. Announcements

      IX. Adjournment