Re: [MPD-5D] Re:Weekend Crime Report - 5D

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 263 , Sep 14, 2010
      Suggestions:

      Don't wear headphones while walking - for two reasons: 1) you don't advertize "hey thugs, I have an iPhone" and 2) you'll be more aware of your surroundings.

      Engage people you pass on the sidewalk. I find that a quick look in their eyes and a simple hello sends the message "I see u, and recognize u and could identify u by your face, clothes, tats etc if u harm my person."

      Perhaps an alarm system, or posting alarm signs on your propery along with motion sensor lighting?

      Rescuing a dog from a shelter

      Carrying a personal alarm that when u pull the pin, it makes a very loud, high pitched noise

      If u notice anything out of the ordinary (potted plants on ur porch are re-arranged, etc) quickly put them back into place to signal to would be robbers casing your house that u are indeed in town

      Never hesitate to call 911 and go with your gut if u see anything suspicious!

      Be safe out there and good luck!

    • tamararobinson4@...
      Message 263 of 263 , Feb 11, 2013
        i'm disturbed that the suspects were bold enough to do this at 3:30 in the afternoon. is any time safe to be at that metro?

        Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any typos.

        On Feb 11, 2013, at 11:11 AM, "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...> wrote:

        A woman was walking from ‘Brookland Metro Station when she was approached by two black males that she struggled with before they took her pocket book, both black males, 15 to 18 years old, 5’6 to 5’9, first suspect med to light complexion and second suspect light complexion, last seen running on 12th Street NE.

        Lt. Corinne Hughes

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.