GPS and juveniles

  • jwh.east
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010

      Dear MPD,

      What can be done or what should we expect from juveniles with GPS anklets?  There are two such juveniles in the Bates Area.  They are a major source of crime and intimidation around 1st, 3rd, P and Q Streets NW.  One of the juveniles has clearly boasted as to why he has a court ordered GPS, when he is supposed to be home, and the fact that he does whatever he wants, regardless of the law.  His partner in crime now has a GPS anklet.

      I understand it is a crime of some sort for these two juveniles to be out, on their own, after 8pm.  Is this correct?  Will a call to 911 after 8pm result in an MPD response?

       Thanks, Jon

    • jwh.east
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2010
        Thankfully one member of this juvenile crew was driven away in handcuffs Sunday afternoon. This still leaves two juveniles running around threatening people while still wearing their GPS anklets. I still have not received confirmation that their curfew is 8pm. So after a generous 30 minutes it looks like there is nothing better to do than to call 911 at 8:30 each night. Has anyone had success in getting juvenile offenders off the street?

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "jwh.east" <jwh_east@...> wrote:

        > Dear MPD,
        >
        > What can be done or what should we expect from juveniles with GPS
        > anklets? There are two such juveniles in the Bates Area. They are a
        > major source of crime and intimidation around 1st, 3rd, P and Q Streets
        > NW. One of the juveniles has clearly boasted as to why he has a court
        > ordered GPS, when he is supposed to be home, and the fact that he does
        > whatever he wants, regardless of the law. His partner in crime now has
        > a GPS anklet.
        >
        > I understand it is a crime of some sort for these two juveniles to be
        > out, on their own, after 8pm. Is this correct? Will a call to 911
        > after 8pm result in an MPD response?
        >
        > Thanks, Jon

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2010
          Curfew is midnight fri and sat and 11pm all other nights during the school year for juveniles under 17
          Commander Lamar D. Greene