Shots fired

  • x2j785
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
      Hmmm? I thought 'firearms' were ILLEGAL in D.C.? What is it? The bad
      boyz aren't obeying the law? Maybe it's time to have guns in the hands
      of those that want to protect themselves? Geez. What a new revolation?
    • Patrick Nelson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
        firearms are not illegal in the District, handguns are. If you want to arm yourself, please, by all means, grab a shot gun.

        I'd prefer my neighbors not have handguns either. Enforce the current laws, please.

        +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

        "Don't let someone be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option..."

        ME: http://www.speedbumps.org         MASSAGE: http://www.capitolhillmassage.org
        AIM: aRodeoJock                       Yahoo: aRodeoJock

        Hmmm? I thought 'firearms' were ILLEGAL in D.C.? What is it? The bad
        boyz aren't obeying the law? Maybe it's time to have guns in the hands
        of those that want to protect themselves? Geez. What a new revolation?

      • steppingdoll
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2014
          MPD-5D It sounded like 8 shots were fired around 7:40pm tonight in the direction of Howard's Theological campus. Is there any info you can share about this?
        • Alder, Robert (MPD)
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2014

            Good Evening

            We received several calls for the sounds of gunshots in the area of 18th and Monroe and 18th and South Dakota.  Fifth District units responded to the scene but did not locate any victims or a crime scene.  Anybody with any additional information concerning this incident is asked to call 202 727-9099 so we may follow up further.  Thank you

            Robert Alder

            Captain

            Fifth District

            As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.

            MPD-5D It sounded like 8 shots were fired around 7:40pm tonight in the direction of Howard's Theological campus. Is there any info you can share about this?

          • Dorrough, Jonathan (MPD)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2014
              Yes, we received numerous calls for the sound of gunshots. The reports encompassed an area roughly ranging from 17th to 20th St., from Monroe St. to Bunker Hill Rd. NE.

              We had multiple units conduct a thorough canvass of this area and nothing was found. We will be re-canvassing the area and would appreciate any additional information.

              Acting Lieutenant
              Jon Dorrough
              Metropolitan Police
              District of Columbia