Arrest of Burglar PSA 501

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2010
      Community Collaboration

      On Friday, August 6, 2010, residents of PSA 501, 1st Street NW corridor, passed information onto the Fifth District relative to a possible burglar operating in the 1700 block of 1St Street NW.  The Fifth District Street Crimes Unit began to surviel the area and noticed that the suspect broke into 1731 1st street NW.  A brief chase led to the apprehension of an adult male named Uner Antonio Diaz Hernadez, the defendant had several items believed to be taken in recent burglaries.  He was subsequently charged with all related offenses.

      On Monday, August 9, 2010, after being released, we recieved more information relative to this suspect, Mr. Hernadez was observed selling stolen goods in the Third District, U Street area, he was placed under arrest, Detectives were able to respond and connect Mr Hernadez to several additional burglaries  which occurred within the Fifth District

      This was an excellant display of community partnership and this subject will be referred to the Fifth District Court Watch team to ensure he recieves the appropriate adjudication relative to his charges!!
    • DeBorah Steiner