Re: [MPD-5D] armed robberies

  • B
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2005
      Here I thought I was over reacting in noticing what I felt to be increase in crime!

      I was told the reason the police do the random stops on the neighborhood (mostly on First Street) is because they're afraid of getting shot, so that was the easiest way to have some sort of police presence in the neighborhood. I mean I understand to a point, no one wants to be shot.

      I don't want to believe what this person said.....but from the gunshots in broad daylight  the other day....to the fireworks that were being set off around 9pm the other night in the alley....to the armed robberies.....The only time I've ever seen police presence was driving through the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, I hate to think it, but I don't even think another death is going to warrant more presence.

      I agree with you....I am becoming afraid as well.  It makes the sting of the railroading we're getting on the stadium all that more painful.

      Tina DCTina wrote:
      I live in the 1200 block of Florida Ave NE and it has
      come to the attention of several of my neighbors that
      there are have been several armed robberies in the
      alley behind this block and in the nearby vicinity
      lately. These incidents have taken place in broad
      daylight by 2 men.
      It's getting so I'm afraid to leave my house here day
      OR night.
      I'd like to know what sort of ongoing response we can
      expect and what is being done about this currently.
      The crime in this block has escalated in the past 4-6
      mos. What does it take to get a bigger police presence
      and/or cameras placed in our alley?
      Thanks for your help.
      T.Laskaris