National Night Out

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31 9:17 PM

      PSA 504 NATIONAL NIGHT OUT COMMUNITY WALK

      DATE: August 3, 2010; TIME: 7:00 -8:30

      LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center (corner of Holbrook and Childress Streets, NE)

      NATIONAL NIGHT OUT IS THE ONE TIME DURING THE YEAR WHERE EVERY RESIDENT IN THE COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAFE IN THEIR COMMUNITY

      COME OUT AND HELP MAKE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SAFER

      THE WALK WILL FOLLOW THE NATIONAL NIGHT OUT KICK-OFF AT TRINIDAD RECREATION CENTER AT 5:00 PM

      WE WILL ASSEMBLE ON THE CORNER AT 8:00 P.M. AND BEGIN OUR SAFETY WALK

      CONTACT: KATHY HENDERSON (202) 397-2777

    • John Ayala
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2011
        The Washington DC Guardian Angels would like to wish you all a safe and fun National Night Out.  We will be all over the city this evening and look forward to seeing you all.

        Today's Washington Post check it out
        guardianangels.org
        ‎(Astrid Riecken/FOR THE WASHINGTON POST) – Guardian Angels, some of them on bikes, are a volunteer law enforcement group that helps D.C. Police to keep order on 18th Street in Adams Morgan by stopping night drifters from jay walking, breaking up fights and patrolling alleys in Adams Morgan.

        John "Unique King" Ayala
        DC Chapter Leader/East Coast Director

        Alliance Of Guardian Angels/DC Chapter
        1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
        Washington, DC 20005
        202-359-0601

        Help us by Donating

        http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/

      • Timothy Clark
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2011
          Hats off to MPD, 5DCAC, Bates Area Civic Association, Hanover Civic Association, Commissioner Pinkney, Commissioner Thomas, Giovani, Tony Lewis, jr., and everyone else that helped make tonights event a success. This event was great for the neighboring communities and Ward 5 as a whole. The bike MBT ride, zumba dancers and other activities where a ton of fun!

          I'm looking forward to next years event!

          Tim Clark
          Commissioner, 5C05
          Chair, ANC5C Finance & Grant Committee
          Chair, ANC5C Smart Growth & Sustainability Committee
          5c05@...
          http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
          Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
          www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org

        • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2011
            Thanks Tim.

            “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
            Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
            For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov or call 311

            5c05@...<mailto:5c05@...>
            http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
            Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
            www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org<http://www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org>
          • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 20 2:24 PM

            5D Community,

            The countdown begins: National Night Out 2015

            14  days  and 12 hours

            If you have not already done so Mark your Calendars for Tuesday August 4, 2015

            NNO in your Community come get FRESH with 5D

            http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/national-night-out-calendar-activities

          • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
            Message 6 of 11 , Jul 28 3:17 PM

            5D Community,

            We are making big plans for you.  Clear your evening calendar, bring your children, and ask your Neighbors to join you in Celebrating National Night Out with MPD and 5DCAC at Starburst Plaza.  Food and Fun-don’t missed this one.

            GET F.R.E.S.H.

            The Time to Celebrate

            Tuesday, August 4, 2015

            Starburst Plaza

            Bladensburg Road NE @ Benning Road NE and Maryland Ave. NE

            6pm-9pm

            Let our partnerships send the message:

            our neighborhoods are organized and

                                  We support local anticrime programs

          • Debbie Steiner
            Message 7 of 11 , Aug 2, 2016
              As an ANC in Ward 5, business owner, and lifelong resident, I must commend Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her leadership and the exceptional job she did at the Brentwood Shopping Center.

              As Brentwood Shopping Center was the gracious host of this year's NNO event, it was filled with great entertainment; reconnection of old friends and making new ones.

              The owner representative from the shopping center was ecstatic to see the Mayor's office there from the beginning to end; our City Administrator showering the crowd with his authenticity; Councilmember McDuffie gave very warm remarks; vendors galore and the entertainment was awesome.

              Several people had inquired about Chief Lanier's presence since she always attends; but she sent a Ward 5 friend - Chief Green.

              Too all who were there,  Michael Meers from Mid City Financial thanks you and so do I !!

              See you next year

              This transmission contains information from Debbie Steiner which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the planned recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately

            • Fitzgerald, William (MPD)
              Message 8 of 11 , Aug 2, 2016
                Great job Fayette! Thank you!

                Message 9 of 11 , Aug 4, 2016
                  As a new member of the Ward 5 community, I need to second that praise of Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her support of the First Annual Villages of Dakota Crossing National Night Out celebration.

                  Our community was beyond delighted to connect with officers in a relaxed environment. My daughter is still speaking about officer “Peanut Butter and Jelly” PJ. Thank you for going the extra mile to come together with the community this week. The fire truck visit was a highlight of the evening for the children as well.

                  Our new community benefitted greatly from the visit from Councilman McDuffie and the honor of Chief Lanier joining our celebration of neighborhood camaraderie. Events like Tuesday night make Ward 5 a great place to live and work.

                  To all who participated-thank you!

                  Leslie Johnston
                  Villages of Dakota Crossing

                  On Aug 2, 2016, at 10:31 PM, 'Fitzgerald, William (MPD)' William.Fitzgerald@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote: