Cold Cases Involving Animals

  • Reports, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 12:38 PM
      Please share with community groups.
      ______________________________
      From: Washington Humane Society
      Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:01 PM
      To: Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
      Subject: Cold Cases

      Mother opossum stoned to death

      Our humane officers need your help to solve two cases of cold-blooded animal murder. In April an innocent opossum and her ten babies, just days old were stoned to death in an alley behind 1026 16th Street, Northeast, DC. A month later an innocent cat was brutally murdered in the same neighborhood. The young feline was also found stoned to death, this time on the 200 block of Maryland Avenue, NE. In both cases the animals’ bodies were surrounded by rocks.

      The Washington Humane Society is now offering a $1000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction for those involved in either case. These innocent animals were killed for no apparent reason. Anyone who could commit such crimes also poses a risk to the entire community. National studies show that individuals who commit these senseless acts of animal cruelty are seven times more likely to commit other anti-social acts such as violence towards people.

      WHS will pursue the perpetrators of these crimes relentlessly; these heinous acts cannot go unpunished. But we need the public’s help. We need someone to call us. Someone who saw something or knows something that would help our animal cops solve these two cold cases.

      [http://support.washhumane.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12230.jpg%5d

      Cat stoned to death

      Washington Humane Society officials are asking anyone with information to contact the Humane Law Enforcement Department at 202-BE HUMANE. All calls are confidential. The $1000 reward is made possible through a special fund called the JUSTICE FUND<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=kY9yjpEMiVKfB_icrDudlA..> which WHS has set up for this purpose.

      Our Humane Law Enforcement Department investigates more than a thousand animal cruelty cases each year. Our small team of officers works tirelessly day and night protecting the animals of the District. If you would like to support our HLE officers please donate to the JUSTICE FUND<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=Mv3rfGuQ0nhUsOPfm7Kh0w..> today.

      [http://support.washhumane.org/images/content/pagebuilder/11802.jpg%5d<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=ughSJ4IJN6DxH9lVUQBApA..>

      Washington Humane Society
      Locations and Hours<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=oXkLGVbnvKOHq2CQaBTPaA..>

      To Report Cruelty/Neglect and Animal Emergencies 24-Hours a Day
      202-BE-HUMANE (202-234-8626)

      [http://support.washhumane.org/images/content/pagebuilder/poweredbyconvio.gif%5d
    • DeBorah Steiner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 6:27 PM
        Hopefully, someone will step up to the plate and turn whomever in.  This is unacceptable!

        AKA - Debbie Smith
        Enjoy life while you can!

        [http://support.washhumane.org/images/content/pagebuilder/11802.jpg]<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=ughSJ4IJN6DxH9lVUQBApA..>

        Washington Humane Society
        Locations and Hours<http://support.washhumane.org/site/R?i=oXkLGVbnvKOHq2CQaBTPaA..>

        To Report Cruelty/Neglect and Animal Emergencies 24-Hours a Day
        202-BE-HUMANE (202-234-8626)

        [http://support.washhumane.org/images/content/pagebuilder/poweredbyconvio.gif]

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional