Panhandling at BP Stations on FL and Bladensburg

  • Patrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2005
      I've just started using these two particular stations as they take credit
      cards and are more convenient than going over to the Shell across the river.
      Every time I go, though, I'm accosted by assorted men that want to "pump my
      gas" for me. When I decline, they ask me for money. When I decline again,
      I get a few explicative's sent me way. Other than taking my business
      elsewhere, is there anything that can be done to stop this?

      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
      =+=+=+=+

      "Don't let someone be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their
      option..."

      ME: http://www.speedbumps.org <http://www.speedbumps.org/> MASSAGE:
      http://www.capitolhillmassage.org <http://www.capitolhillmassage.org/>
      AIM: aRodeoJock Yahoo: aRodeoJock

      _____

      From: MPD-5D
      2. 5D CAC Holiday Party Cancelled
      From: "Art Slater" <talader@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: 15 Dec 2005 14:59:33 -0000
      From: MPD-5D
      Subject: PSA 504 Meeting, 12/17/2005, 10:00 am

      Reminder from the Calendar of MPD-5D
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D/cal

      PSA 504 Meeting
      Saturday December 17, 2005
      10:00 am - 12:00 pm
      (This event repeats on the third Saturday of every month, until Friday
      December 23, 2005.)
      (The next reminder for this event will be sent in 1 day, 12 hours, 3
      minutes.)
      Event Location: Location Varies (See Lt. Anderson) Judith.Anderson@...

      Notes:
      Rotating Locations tri-monthly meetings

      - Joe Cole Rec Center, 1200 Morse St., NE (Jan, Apr, July, Oct)
      - Bethesda Baptist Church, 1808 Capitol Ave, NE (Feb, May, Aug, Nov)
      - Developing Families Center, 801 17th Street, NE (Mar, June, Sept, Dec)

      Set up birthday reminders!

      v=9
      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/cal_us/rem/?http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D/cal
      ?v=9&evt_type=13> &evt_type=13

      Copyright 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
      http://www.yahoo.com

      Privacy Policy:
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/

      Terms of Service:
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:01:53 -0500
      From: "Art Slater" <talader@...>
      Subject: 5D CAC Holiday Party Cancelled

      The 5D CAC Holiday Party
      scheduled for tonight
      December 15, 2005
      has been cancelled
      because of inclement weather

      Please have a safe and happy holiday season!

      We look forward to seeing you at the regularly scheduled meeting on
      Thursday, January 26, 2006

      [This message contained attachments]

    • vivaldi1787
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2005
        Patrick,

        I give to people in need on the street all of the time. However, the
        behavior of these individuals is not acceptable.

        I think you should start by complaining to the gas station attendant
        to take immediate action.... the gas station owns the property and
        can ban disruptive people who are not there to buy gas!

        If the station attendant is not helpful, writing a letter to the
        owner of the station is the next step.

        Best,

        KJH

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Nelson" <arodeojock@v...>