Commending officers

  • Erin Heramb
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2005
      I, also, want to 2nd Sonya's positive remarks about 5D officers.  I think more often than not we always tell the negative but do not tell the other side.  Anyways, the officers that have been assigned to Brookland Orange Hats have been excellent!  Specifically, Officer Salazar, Washington, Roberts, Schaeffer (not the traffic one but the other) and Groves.  I am proud to have all of these officers working in our district and hope to meet many more that are as proactive as they are.
      Thank you,
      Erin
      10th

      Yahoo! Shopping
    • B
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2005
        I was walking south on First Street NW - I had just crossed W and was
        about 1/2 way to V street when I heard ABOUT 4-5 shots. There were a
        couple of ladies at the corner, as I approached, I asked "is that what I
        think It is?" They agreed and said "that's why we're gonna take the
        long way around"

        I called 311 because I didn't actuallly SEE anything -- but felt it
        should be looked into. It seemed to be coming from the west - but in the
        city, sounds can be carried differently.... I've heard of others
        hearing or witnessing gunshots -- this was a first for me to even hear
        gunshots close up - and I have to say I'm shook up by it.

        I was just wondering if anyone knows what happened?
      • Craig, Donald (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
          I have been asking the officers who were working that day and there is no definite answer o0n what the shots were about but no report was taken for any injuries or property damage. Take care.

          ________________________________

          I was walking south on First Street NW - I had just crossed W and was
          about 1/2 way to V street when I heard ABOUT 4-5 shots. There were a
          couple of ladies at the corner, as I approached, I asked "is that what I
          think It is?" They agreed and said "that's why we're gonna take the
          long way around"

          I called 311 because I didn't actuallly SEE anything -- but felt it
          should be looked into. It seemed to be coming from the west - but in the
          city, sounds can be carried differently.... I've heard of others
          hearing or witnessing gunshots -- this was a first for me to even hear
          gunshots close up - and I have to say I'm shook up by it.

          I was just wondering if anyone knows what happened?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • B
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
            Craig, Donald (MPD) wrote:
            I have been asking the officers who were working that day and there is no definite answer o0n what the shots were about but no report was taken for any injuries or property damage.  Take care.

            Well thank you for responding.  I didnt' really want to know who/what/where...I was just concerned because it was definately gunfire in broad daylight, in the middle of the day.  I mean, a woman was pushing a child in a stroller....and she decided to take the long way home because of it.