Throwing Stones

  • James T. Engelhardt
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
      Forwarding to the MPD-5D List (again, entered MPD-5D group address wrong first time).

      See below for further clarification that police told Daniel they couldn't do anything because they were juveniles.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
        First of all, if a citizen was told that MPD cannot take any action because perpertraitors were juveniles, that is inaccurate. The citizen with first-hand knowledge of that situation should contact me directly via email, and I will investigate the allegation.

        Second, I just moved from PSA 501 to PSA 504, however, I have been the 5th District Watch Commander for 5 of the past 7 evening tours. Each night in roll call, PSA 501 officers were instructed to patrol the bike path. I know for a fact that the Edgewood Segway officers passed through there repeatedly, as did I.

        I am sorry if some folks don't see MPD when they happen to pass through, but I can assure you the police do patrol the area regularly. We do not, and cannot, have fixed posts manned by officers along the path. We also do not have a permanent mountain bike patrol on the path.

        We will continue to give that path intense attention via officers in cars (as long as the path is open to that), on mountain bikes, on segways, and on foot.

        Thanks for voicing the concerns.

        Christopher J. Micciche
        Lieutenant
        Fifth District - PSA 504
        Metropolitan Police Department
        Washington, DC
        202-270-9655

      • concernednbor@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
          Message apparently received. I'm on trail now and patrol car just drove past us.

          From: "James T. Engelhardt" <james_engelhardt@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
          To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>; <metbranchtrail@yahoogroups.com>