Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Throwing Stones

  • Sally Hobaugh
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
      I had kids throwing rocks at each other and houses in the alley and
      called 911. When the police came the officer was talking to the kids and it looked like he was going to drive away until I walked up and
      told him I was the one who called because I was afraid they were
      going to hurt each other or break something and they did not stop when I asked them. He then got out of his car, talked to the kids asked where they lived. Parents were home talked to the aunt and took the other kids home to talk to their parents.

      He did a great job and I thanked him for it, but I do agree that we
      need to do our part by sticking around and talking to the police about what was happening.

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Micciche, Christopher (MPD)
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
        Ms. Hobaugh,

        Thank you for offering some sage advice to your neighbors, and for praising the officer.

        If partnerships are to benefit everyone, then everyone has to contribute. Sometimes it is inconvenient to wait for officers to arrive, but in the end, it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to the results.

        Thank you for your help!

        Christopher J. Micciche
        Lieutenant
        Fifth District - PSA 504
        Metropolitan Police Department
        Washington, DC
        202-270-9655

        _______________________________

        <cathy.lanier@...<mailto:cathy.lanier%40dc.gov>> wrote:

        > Yes, of course there is. Commander Greene is looking into what
        > occured here.
        >

        > Have you heard the knock at your door?
        > U.S. Census workers are here to assist you with filling out the 2010
        > Census Form.
        > www.census.dc.gov

      • James T. Engelhardt
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
          Forwarding to the MPD-5D List (again, entered MPD-5D group address wrong first time).

          See below for further clarification that police told Daniel they couldn't do anything because they were juveniles.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
            First of all, if a citizen was told that MPD cannot take any action because perpertraitors were juveniles, that is inaccurate. The citizen with first-hand knowledge of that situation should contact me directly via email, and I will investigate the allegation.

            Second, I just moved from PSA 501 to PSA 504, however, I have been the 5th District Watch Commander for 5 of the past 7 evening tours. Each night in roll call, PSA 501 officers were instructed to patrol the bike path. I know for a fact that the Edgewood Segway officers passed through there repeatedly, as did I.

            I am sorry if some folks don't see MPD when they happen to pass through, but I can assure you the police do patrol the area regularly. We do not, and cannot, have fixed posts manned by officers along the path. We also do not have a permanent mountain bike patrol on the path.

            We will continue to give that path intense attention via officers in cars (as long as the path is open to that), on mountain bikes, on segways, and on foot.

            Thanks for voicing the concerns.

          • concernednbor@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
              Message apparently received. I'm on trail now and patrol car just drove past us.

              From: "James T. Engelhardt" <james_engelhardt@...>
              Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>; <metbranchtrail@yahoogroups.com>