Re: FW: [MPD-5D] Illegal Dumping on 2000 block 2nd St NE is back

  • ijshere
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2010
      Well, both. This case is right on 2nd St NE, between Uhland Terrace and U St NE. Other dumping is occuring in the alley behind 2nd St NE.

      Thanks for your help!

    • Mrgeovani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2010
        Illegal Dumping seems to be an issue we are all experiencing. At the Unit Block of P ST NW we have also encountered the issue at the corner of P and First ST NW as well as in the alley. I must say we were successful last weekend at having one of the individuals doing the dumping fined and cited. We were able to take photographs of the individual doing the illegal dumping, photos of the vehicles license plate and called 911. MPD was fantastic at responding, viewing the photos and going to the individual's home to question him and prepare a report for citation.

        If able to narrow down the times in which the dumping takes place and possibly having a camera available to take photos as it occurs is helpful to investigators. Sadly what we found in our case is that it was 2 neighbors doing the illegal dumping.

      • Glyn Six