twilight zone

  • ceemacinc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hello:
      I live in the North Michigan Park (between Brookland and Ft. Totten)
      area or as I like to call it, the twilight zone. I've been there
      around 3 1/2 years. Lately the neighborhoods have become less friendly.
      People who don't live in the neighborhoods are speeding through,
      cursing at the top of their lungs, drinking, smoking weed, just
      changing the face of the neighborhood.
      I've called the non-emergency number at least 6 times. At least 4 of
      those times, the perpetrators leave 10 minutes after I've called,
      making me very suspicious. That's too much to be a coincidence. I've
      had liquor bottles and garbage left in front of my home, had to ask
      people to move their double/triple parked cars, etc.
      What can be done?
      My neighborhood is deceptively quiet during the day; night fall brings
      out a whole other element.
      What can be done?
    • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2005
        I am not sure if you live in 5D from your email. The boundary for the 4th and 5th Districts is Taylor Street and Michigan Avenue, everything north is on the 4D side, including Ft. Totten. If by chance you live in 5D, can you be more specific with the streets that are experiencing the increase in activity, so that the PSA officers can address your concerns. Thanks...Cmdr. Greene

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • kimberly Niono
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
          Ms. Greene
          I visited the Lowest Price gas station on Florida Avenue, NW this past weekend.  I was shocked to see that they are openly selling drug paraphenalia (sp)!!  Is this against the law?  If not, is there some kind of action that we can take to discourage them from selling these items?

          Thanks

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
              Thanks.  In the window they are selling glass pipes for $20 and some kind of screens.

[...]

              Yahoo! Personals

              Yahoo! Personals