Re: Re: Re: [MPD-5D] Illegal parking enforcement

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30 9:02 PM
      I know that many are reluctant to take a stand for fear of reprisals. In safer neighborhoods citizens have definitely taken a stand against crime. They do so by walking together with other neighbors and police. They do so by regularly attending community meetings, planting flowers and other activities that bolster neighborhood cohesion. You must send criminals a message that the neighborhood will not tolerate crime. Refusing to get involved and reluctance to always call the police when you witness crime and disorder is a mistake. Refusing to get involved and take an active stand ensures that a neighborhood remains the province of criminals.

      Finally, former police chief Charles Ramsey always said: "The police can take back any street in this city, but it is up to the citizens to keep them..." Neighbors have an even greater crime-fighting advantage under Chief Lanier's leadership. Crime is at an all-time low. It is time for all of us to step up and do our part. Join forces with the police and your neighbors and take a defiant stand against crime. Doing so works.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: Sabrina <svhill3@...>
      Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:27:53 -0500 (CDT)
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: Re: Re: [MPD-5D] Illegal parking enforcement

      Kathy I appreciate the continued invitation, but I should not have to walk to get my point across.  I am sure they know that I am the one calling the police as I tell them.  Just last week, the same young kids were around here fighting on people cars during the day.  I told them that I was calling and all they did was avoided my car.

      When the police come they want citizens to provide names and addresses as if we are affiliated with these kids.  Put cameras in our neighborhood; enforce the curfew - do something other than asking citizens to walk.

      Sabrina/>Minor in Criminal Justice

      On May 29, 2010, khenderson029@ aol.com wrote:

      Sabrina:

      Please call 202 727-1000 immediately for parking enforcement. I want to extend the invitation to you again to walk with us; it definitely makes a difference. Doing so, complements the police presence in your area.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: Sabrina <svhill3@verizon. net>
      Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:04:25 -0500 (CDT)
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: Re: Re: [MPD-5D] Illegal parking enforcement

      The citizens on the 1500 block of Queen Street NE are also experiencing people who lives in MD and VA parking on our block on Saturday and Sundays and walking to the soccer games that are held at the recreation center.  We are paying for residential parking and we should be able to park on our block at ALL times.

      Sabrina Hill />

      On May 29, 2010, Mrgeovani@aol. com wrote:

      Thank you Ms. Henderson. I'm starting our neighborhood resource list.

      We are trying to make it a little harder for the dealers and distributors that come from outside DC, park here illegally during the night and leave at 3am.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: khenderson029@ aol.com
      Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 04:10:06 +0000
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Illegal parking enforcement

      Call 202 727-1000; parking enforcement personnel work at night and indeed write tickets.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: Mrgeovani@aol. com
      Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 01:32:40 +0000
      To: Metropolitan Police 5 Group<MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Illegal parking enforcement

      Every night, cars registered in Maryland illegally park in the th no parking zone. This is at the unit block of P ST NW by the corner market.

      How do we get parking enforcement at night?
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T