Moment of Silence: Monday, 31 May, 3:00 PM

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2010
      Thanks, Robert.  They gave us every thing they had, and everything they were ever going to have.  We ought never forget that. -b

      MemDayTrib

      --- In Brookland@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Vinson Brannum" <rbrannum@...> wrote:

      Dear Neighbors,

      On Monday, 31 May 2010, at 1500 Hours (3:00PM), the Nation will pause in a Moment of Silence to honor the memory, service, and sacrifice of America's brave but fallen military heroes and heroines.  This noble and honored tradition dates back to May 1868.  It was then General John Logan asked his fellow citizens to recognize those lost in battle during the America's Civil War.

      Today, as members of America's Armed Forces did in previous wars and conflicts, men and women have offered the supreme sacrifice to preserve the sacred values and freedoms we all enjoy today.  Their valor should never be forgotten, but always remembered.

      The D.C. Federation of Civic Associations, Inc. and the 5th District Citizens' Advisory Council, Inc. join citizens of the District of Columbia and fellow Americans across the Nation and around the world in honoring them and Thanking them for their service.

      Robert Vinson Brannum