Rhode Island Ave - Brentwood Metro Station Safety

  • pjroehrich
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2010
      Tonight (about 10:45 PM) upon exiting RI Ave Metro station I noticed that many of the streetlights illuminating the sidewalk parallel to the station (bus stops/shelters) all the way down the driveway to the intersection with RI Ave as well as the streetlights illuminating the ADA/carsharing parking were dark.

      Incidentally, this evening as I was leaving the station I was approached by a man asking "do you need a bike?" and I observed 2 youth urinating on the sidewalk immediately in front of the pedestrian bridge across RI Ave.

      Regardless of whether this is construction related, being unlit and without many people around, the station was feeling unsafe. I am hoping someone in MPD will coordinate with WMATA/MTPD to fix the lighting.

      Yours,
      Peter