RE: [MPD-5D] More shots at First and Q, NW

  • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 18, 2005
      In reference to the shots fired at 1st and Q Street. There were 6 to 13 calls for sounds of gunshots on November 13 and November 15, 2005. The police responded and nothing was found or reported.

      This Fifth District Listserv is monitored by 5D captains, PSA lieutenants and myself, when we are available. The captains and lieutenants respond to concerns that happen within their geographical areas. This method of responding to the listserv concerns is best as the responders should be familiar with the crime in their areas. However, this does not allow for the listserv to be monitored daily.

      I have viewed the continuous dialogue regarding our response to this listserv and have a suggestion. The MPD has actively been recruiting reserve officers. Some of the citizens who monitor this listserv closely may want to considered becoming a 5D reserve officer. I would certainly welcome any citizen who would like to become a reserve officer and are computer savvy to assist us in responding to this listserv. Anyone who is interested may call my office on 202.698.0111.

      Thanks...Commander Greene

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 20, 2005
        I'm assuming that you're asking me - We've lived here
        for eight months, having just moved back to DC after
        living on the west coast for the past eight years.

        --alan

        --- car5060@... wrote:

        > How long have you lived in the area?

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Matthew Fineout
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
          The second part of Mr. Shappell's message asked about a car accident
          that same night. Is there anything residents should know regarding that
          incident? Did the call for service on that coincide with the calls for
          service on the "sounds of" gunshots?

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Jennifer \(MPD\)"
          <jennifer.greene@d...> wrote:

          > In reference to the shots fired at 1st and Q Street. There were 6 to
          13 calls for sounds of gunshots on November 13 and November 15, 2005.
          The police responded and nothing was found or reported.

        • Matthew Fineout
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
            Whatever happened to the 5-D community outreach coordinator? Miss
            Yvonne Smith won a VERY significant award for her work at 5-D. I
            believe she won this award not only because she did a FANTASTIC job
            (which she did!) but because the job was so useful and important to
            community safety. Miss Yvonne can never be replaced, but for the sake
            of continuing the progress we were making (with her help), it seems
            we should try. I thought that monitoring this group and ensuring its
            effectiveness were part of the responsibility of that position. Is
            there anything we can do to help get a community outreach coordinator
            again?

            <jennifer.greene@d...> wrote:

            > This Fifth District Listserv is monitored by 5D captains, PSA
            lieutenants and myself, when we are available. The captains and
            lieutenants respond to concerns that happen within their geographical
            areas. This method of responding to the listserv concerns is best as
            the responders should be familiar with the crime in their areas.
            However, this does not allow for the listserv to be monitored daily.

            > I have viewed the continuous dialogue regarding our response to
            this listserv and have a suggestion. The MPD has actively been
            recruiting reserve officers. Some of the citizens who monitor this
            listserv closely may want to considered becoming a 5D reserve
            officer. I would certainly welcome any citizen who would like to
            become a reserve officer and are computer savvy to assist us in
            responding to this listserv. Anyone who is interested may call my
            office on 202.698.0111.

            > Thanks...Commander Greene
          • Paul Meyers
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
              was that sacastic remark made from a police officer?  If so, that is extremely disturbing.  It is good to know that our high tax dollars are being so well spent.

              Matthew Fineout <mattwich@...> wrote:
              Participating in the list-serv is time consuming, and I'm sure we're
              ALL busy enough that we might not always want to spend the time to do
              it. But it is for a purpose and it can be a useful tool.

              Messages like this one, sarcastic, unproductive, and unnecessarily
              confrontational, make it difficult to read (especially written in all
              caps) and participate, and work toward good communication and public
              safety.

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, car5060@a... wrote:

              > YOU RIGHT THE POLICE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DUE THEN RESPOND TO
              YOUR E.  MAIL
              > WITH IN SECONDS. THEY SHOULD REALLY ASSIGN SOMEONE TO LOOK AT  YOUR
              LITTLE
              > WEB PAGE TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. I MEAN THEY
              DON'T HAVE
              > PEOPLE BEING KILLED DALY OR OPEN ARE DRUG MARKETS. THEY DON'T  HAVE
              ANY RAPES OR
              > ROBBERIES NOT TO MENTION THEY DON'T THOUSANDS OF CALLS  FOR
              SERVICE. WHO DO
              > THEY THINK THEY  ARE?

            • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005

                To all who monitor or post on this listserv:

                Let me assure everyone that whoever is using cr5060; they are not a police officer.  They have previously identified themselves as a citizen in the community on this listserv.  Also let me remind everyone this is an informational listserv, not for personal attacks, sarcastic remarks or belittling the comments, community work or Police Department. Thanks for your cooperation.

                Commander Greene