Fifth District-wide Police-Community Meeting
Fifth District-wide Police-Community Meeting This Week
Thursday, Feb 24, 2005
Metropolitan Police Department
Fifth District- Community Room
1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Throughout the month, lieutenants in all four Police Service Areas (PSAs) hold community meetings for their residents. Once a month, the Commander of the entire Fifth District meets with ALL Fifth District residents. There was a low turnout in January, but we expect to get great participation this week.
- In the Brookland community, a new and very active Orange Hat Patrol Group has developed.
- In the Trinidad/Ivy City area, they are already striving to have the city's best National Night Out Activities.
- In the Eckington community (PSA 501), residents are aggressively attacking nuisance properties, with the help of the U.S. Attorney's Office and the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA). Unacceptable Quality of Life Issues (see link for photos: http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/QOL20050218.pdf
- At Catholic University, Captain Linda Vann has begun electronic Crime Alerts. They are also moving forward with a campaign against auto theft.
- PSA 504 members held a landlord roundtable and a major Operation Fight Back in the area.
- PSA 502 is cracking down on crime, related to ATM Transactions. http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/CommunityAlert02152005.pdf
- Officer Jennifer Barba is working with Captain Scott and the 5D Auto-Theft Unit to bring anti-theft devices to the area.
- There is more. Rhonda Redwood-Ray, the Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Fifth District has worked tirelessly to get the word to residents about what the U.S. Attorney's office can offer neighborhoods with crime concerns.
- Todd Douglas, Ward Five Neighborhood Services Coordinator is leaving this week, but wants to make sure he leaves us in very good hands.
- Get survey results (It is not too late to submit surveys. For an electronic copy, email yvonne.smith@... or visit the Truxton Circle Website: http://www.truxtoncircle.org/doclib/MPD_CommSurv.pdf
Come, Express, Learn, Represent, Inspire, and Aspire!Thank You,Yvonne SmithCommunity Outreach Coordinator