Re: [MPD-5D] 2000 block of 2nd St NE Illegal Dumping - Again! Stove & A/C unit over night

  • Tiffany Ward
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2010
      How do you know it is a neighbor? I  have caught people dumping in my neighborhood as well and they are almost always outsiders!

      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2010

        We are taking measures to address this problem, I will update everyone shortly, I cannot discuss specific tactics as we do not know who is monitoring this site.

        Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

        Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

         www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

        How do you know it is a neighbor? I  have caught people dumping in my neighborhood as well and they are almost always outsiders!

        Our neighbors are illegally dumping again. I guess as predicted, after last weeks clean up for which we were grateful, someone has now dumped a stove at the same sight (btw Uhland Ter and U St NE) over night! I'm not sure which neighbor is doing this or when, but there has to be some sort of long term solution. Even a DC "no dumping" sign may help. I'm tempted to get one from Home Depot and post myself.

        Thanks for everyones help and attention to this problem.

        Ian on 2nd St NE

      • ijshere
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2010
          Thanks, Comdr Greene. The dumping continues. There is now a trash can full of cement and many trash bags.

          I've seen neighbors dump there before, but not sure who's behind this.

          Thanks again.