Chronic Illegal Dumping (Unit Block of 2000 2nd St NE) - Resubmitted

  • ijshere
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2010
      We've been having a constant problem with neighbors illegally dumping on the 2000 block of 2nd St NE, between Uhland Terrace and U St NE. Originally there were a dozen black plastic trash bags and now I discovered a refrigerator on the trash pile! I've posted about these problems before at this site and receive a very fast response and it was cleaned up immediately. However, we're stuck in a vicious cycle in which the people who dump continue to dump because it's being picked up after I complain. In addition to cleaning up this mess again, could there some sort of signage be placed there to discourage this constant problem? Or could I post some sort of sign?

      I've also reported the illegal dumping on the DC DPW site.

      Thanks much for your help and support.
    • Lyons, Marvin (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        What time of day are the illegal dumping occurring?

        Marvin Lyons, Sr.
        Captain 5D
        202-425-2108
        Marvin Lyons, Sr.
        Captain. 5D

        Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

        Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

         www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          Most of the illegal dumpng is occuring at night. I noticed the refrigerator the other AM. However, other dumping is occuring during the day by neighbors who live on either side of the alley between Uhland Terrace NE and U St NE. There's actually food still in the fridge doors! Very unsanitary.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2010

            We will monitor this area for illegal dumping.  I will also have the PSA members to give this location special attention. We will also contact DC Department of Public Works so that they can help resolve this trash issue.

            Marvin E. Lyons, Sr.

            Captain,  5D

            Office   202-698-0121

            Cell      202-425-2108

            <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>
            <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>

            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2010
              Captain Lyons, Thanks very much for your help.