ROBBERY ARREST MADE

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19 12:49 PM

      ROBBERY ARREST MADE

      On April 8, 2010, a suspect entered the Game Stop store located with in the Hechinger Mall shopping complex.  Once inside the location he produced a handgun and robbed the store clerk of several hundred dollars and fled the scene on foot.  The Fifth District responded and secured the scene.  The investigative process was initiated and quickly revealed the identity of the suspect, an adult male named Demarco Scott.  A short track of the suspect lead detectives to his home address, on April 19, 2010, he was placed under arrest without incident, Detectives are looking at this subject for several robberies throughout the area!!!! Excellent investigative follow up lead to Mr. Scott’s removal from of community!!!

      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      Metropolitan Police Department

      Fifth District

      Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

      Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

       www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

    • faceartists@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19 12:55 PM
        Great job 5D! The community appreciates your efforts in keeping our streets safe!

      • pinatera_mama@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19 1:15 PM
          Hear! Hear! Great work, detectives!

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 19 1:29 PM
            Commander Greene,
            Great work and wonderful coordination from everyone involved.  It's a great day in the District anytime an arrest is made with such timing and precision.
            Job well done!

            Keith Jarrell

            --
            Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
            P. J. O'Rourke

            Keith Jarrell
            Cell (202) 288-1867
            Fax (202) 315-2559
          • DeBorah Steiner
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 19 2:15 PM
              Our 5th District has been truly blessed to have a group of committed officers of all ranks to be on the front line keeping our communities safe.

              I personally have made it a point to get involved with the Court Watch process. After hearing from Judge Morin, it is clear, that the community must do their part to stop the revolving door. How the community accomplishes this is by writing a community impact statement. Once written, this statement is given directly to the US attorney who then presents it to the Judge during the sentencing phase only of the offender. We need to step up and help 5D to keep the most violent offenders behind bars. This is our chance to help our officers since they can only arrest. We can take them off the streets.

              Let's turn our thanks into action. An impact statement is what a Judge needs and wants to help him to decide a fair sentence for violent offenders.

              Again, hip hip hooray to our officers.

              If we could turn congrats into money!! WOW!

              Committed to serve, your
              MPD5DCAC TREASURER

              AKA - Debbie Smith

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 19 5:10 PM
                Thanks for your support!
                Commander Lamar D. Greene

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 19 5:12 PM
                  There is a lot of work to be done in these summer months that are coming, thanks for your support Deborah!
                  Commander Lamar D. Greene

[...]

                  On Apr 19, 2010 3:49 PM, Greene, Lamar (MPD) &lt;lamar.greene@ dc.gov&gt; wrote:

                  &nbsp;

                  ROBBERY ARREST MADE

                  &nbsp;

                  On April 8, 2010, a suspect entered the Game Stop store
                  located with in the Hechinger Mall shopping complex.&nbsp; Once inside the
                  location he produced a handgun and robbed the store clerk of several hundred
                  dollars and fled the scene on foot.&nbsp; The Fifth District responded and secured
                  the scene.&nbsp; The investigative process was initiated and quickly revealed
                  the identity of the suspect, an adult male named Demarco Scott.&nbsp; A short

                  &nbsp;www.census. dc.gov

                • khenderson029@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 19 5:15 PM
                    Officers of the Fifth District have done it again; fine job! I look forward to helping short-circuit this suspect's likely criminal career through the 5D Court Watch program.

                    Kathy Henderson

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 20 1:18 PM
                      You are right, Commander!
                      There has ready been reports linking the surge of crime in Trinidad back in 2008. The weather is warmer and people will be out and about, which means the potential of more crime. I can not speak for everyone, but you can count on me for assistance in any capacity in the upcoming months in thwarting crime.

                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      www.census.dc.gov<http://www.census.dc.gov/> or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.