300 block of Adams

  • jenhensm
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16, 2010
      Does this appear to be related to the previous incident? There were A LOT of shots fired.
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17, 2010
        There were several shots heard in the area, the shots resulted from officers observing a male subject running down 3RD st onto RI ave and firing a hand gun. It is unclear what the suspect was directing the weapon toward. Officers were about a block away, thus the subject got away. We are staffing this area with all available resources to stop this activity. If anyone in the community has information relative to this incident call us immediately at 202 727 9099
        Commander Lamar D. Greene

        Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

        Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

         www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 17, 2010
          Commander Greene- thank you for increasing the presence in the area.
          I heard the shots too and called 911 immediately. I was happy to see 3 patrol cars drive through the alley within minutes.

          I purchased my home in 2007 and the past few months have been a nightmare! In addition to the weekly gunfire, I've been the victim of 2 hit and runs in a span of 45 days while my car was parked on Adams Street...where I had to replace 2 car doors! I have a dog that needs to be walked and I do not feel comfortable walking in my own neighborhood anymore. I feel like a hostage in my home after dark...nobody should have to live like this!

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "jenhensm" <jenhensm@...> wrote:

          > Does this appear to be related to the previous incident? There were A LOT of shots fired.

        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)

            Commander Greene- thank you for increasing the presence in the area.
            I heard the shots too and called 911 immediately. I was happy to see 3 patrol cars drive through the alley within minutes.

            I purchased my home in 2007 and the past few months have been a nightmare! In addition to the weekly gunfire, I've been the victim of 2 hit and runs in a span of 45 days while my car was parked on Adams Street...where I had to replace 2 car doors! I have a dog that needs to be walked and I do not feel comfortable walking in my own neighborhood anymore. I feel like a hostage in my home after dark...nobody should have to live like this!

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com, "jenhensm" <jenhensm@.. .> wrote:

            > Does this appear to be related to the previous incident? There were A LOT of shots fired.

          • roomforrent001
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24, 2010
              Shots fired last night in that same alley - behind 300 block of Adams along 3rd Street NE. It's gotten so bad around here that we hear gunshot at least WEEKLY. Sometimes twice a week. There were so many shots tonight,in rapid succession, we couldn't even count them all. It sounded like two guns or more. It's been like this for too long and getting worse not better. It wasn't like this a few years ago. Commander, have you had ANY success in your effort with that "group of individuals" you mentioned. Can you give us any reason or hope to believe that it will get better? It's only a matter of time before an innocent bystander gets killed and NOBODY wants that. I agree with the other person who wrote that they no longer feel comfortable in this neighborhood. I don't feel comfortable either and we are about to leave this neighborhood if it doesn't get better REAL soon.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 26, 2010

                We have deployed the entire power shift unit as well as the normal patrol officers to this area, This deployment includes a light tower that will be moved around the area to disperse these groups from hanging in the neighborhood.  Beyond ground deployment we have identified the young men we believe are inciting and involved in these incidents, we are focusing on them and enforcing all violations.  We have visited each of these individuals to bring our concerns over the violence to their attention. We are also checking with CSOSA to ensure that no subjects on conditions of release are involved in this as well.  We will continue this operation until the violence stops.  Please continue to keep me informed, also if there any key pieces to this situation that any community member has to offer please email me directly at lamar.greene@....

                Have you heard the knock at your door?

                U.S. Census workers are here to assist you with filling out the 2010 Census Form.

                www.census.dc.gov

                <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

              • khenderson029@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 26, 2010
                  It is likely the involved individuals are repeat offenders under CSOSA'S supervision. Once they are convicted again, close their revolving door on crime by writing a community impact statement. We deserve maximum public safety.

                  Kathy Henderson

                  From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
                  Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:04:09 -0400
                  To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Last night's gunshots

                  We have deployed the entire power shift unit as well as the normal patrol officers to this area, This deployment includes a light tower that will be moved around the area to disperse these groups from hanging in the neighborhood.  Beyond ground deployment we have identified the young men we believe are inciting and involved in these incidents, we are focusing on them and enforcing all violations.  We have visited each of these individuals to bring our concerns over the violence to their attention. We are also checking with CSOSA to ensure that no subjects on conditions of release are involved in this as well.  We will continue this operation until the violence stops.  Please continue to keep me informed, also if there any key pieces to this situation that any community member has to offer please email me directly at lamar.greene@ dc.gov.

                  <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>
                  <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 26, 2010
                    Thank you!!! Large presence out tonight and it is very much appreciated! I don't yet feel safe enough to sit out on our porch on such a nice evening but I do hope that soon it will be that way again.

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 26, 2010
                      We will continue this operation until we are satisfied the area disruption is over.
                      Commander Lamar D. Greene