300 Block of Adams

  • jenhensm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 5:36 AM
      About 1:10 this morning, we were awakened by loud noises outside. Before I could find my glasses, 4 police cars were on the block investigating whether it was gunfire or fireworks. Thank you mpd for your quick response! They taped off the alley on the northside of the block after searching around the street for a while, but this morning the tape was removed. I would be interested in getting the whole story once it becomes available. I dont always feel safe in this neighborhood, but it was very reassuring to see so many officers out so quickly!
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 7:55 AM

        No injuries, however there were gunshots from the alley in the rear of the 300 block of Adams Street NE , officers ran into the alley, however the subjects made good their escape, they stopped one subject but no gun was recovered.  The shots damaged a patio table in the rear of that block.  Please call 911 if you observe any suspicious behavior in that area.

        Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

        Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

         www.census.dc.gov or for addtional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 11:17 AM
          "I don't always feel safe in this neighborhood..." This is the type of information that should be included in a community impact statement when criminals are sentenced. A judge needs to hear this from you (anonymously) before they render a sentence. No one should simply accept crime as a fact of life.

          Court Watch allows you to help shut the door on repeat offenders. Judge Morin, Chief Lanier and US Attorney Machen will be available tomorrow at 5D, at 6:30 pm. Do not miss the opportunity to heard.

          Kathy Henderson

          From: "jenhensm" <jenhensm@...>
          Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 12:36:13 -0000
          To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>