Police Activity 1400 Blk. Brentwood Rd., NE Saturday 4/3 @1:00AM

  • Timmy Sampson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hello Commander Greene, et. al,

      Very early Saturday morning, there was some sort of incident in the 1400 Blk, of Brentwood Rd., NE (behind Metro Laundromat), the same block about which I reported here a few weeks ago concerning public drinking, etc..  It appeared to me that at some point officers were dusting the outside of a vehicle for fingerprints.  There were quite a few officers there for quite a while.  I assume there was some sort of property crime.  Since I park my car nearby I'd like to know what happened and if I can do anything to protect against it happening again.

      Thanks for all you do,

      Girard Franklin

    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
        I will research this and find out, however it sounds like they were recovering a stolen auto. If so, stolen autos can be prevented with an alarm, kill switch or one of the theft systems such as On Star. Also parking in a well lit area or having motion detectors in driveways, all of these tips can help deter stolen autos.
        Commander Lamar D. Greene

        Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

        Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

         www.census.dc.gov or for addtional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.