RE: [MPD-5D] West Eckington: Van blocking alley

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2010
       the information we will send an officer to investigate

      Do you have 10 minutes for better schools, public transportation and healthcare?

      Your 2010 Census Form has arrived.

      www.census.dc.gov

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2010
        The van in West Eckington (never heard of such a term, but I like it) is gone now.  It was removed on Sunday.  It was a white van that was being chased by police referred to in these two Friday evening tweets by imgoph:

        "car nearly plowed over people exiting north entrance to NY ave station, then blew through FL ave and NY ave light. MPD in pursuit"7:09 PM Apr 2nd via TweetDeck
        "just witnessed a crazy car chase—white van, VA plates, going at least 50mph down M St. NE past NY Ave station, ended up westbound on FL Ave"7:05 PM Apr 2nd via TweetDeck

        According to my houseguest who heard it and went outside to look, the van flew down the alley behind our house, chased by an MPD cruiser, riding on a bare wheel rim, making a horrible noise.  At the end of the alley, the driver bailed and ran on foot.  One of the two cops in the cruiser got out and chased him.  Hope he was caught.  Would love to hear.

        The attached photos show van and the amazing wear on the wheel rim.

        J.T. Engelhardt