Re: [MPD-5D] gunshots or fireworks?

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2010
      Around 2am a cherry red impala with a white top drove through the 2100 block of 4th street and discharged a fire arm. Later during the night a male subject walked into an area hospital and indicated he had been shot in the ankle while at that location. Detectives are investigating the shooting at this time and need information. Please call 202 727 9099 with any information that you may have relative to this incident!

      Commander Lamar D. Greene
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      Do you have 10 minutes for better schools, public transportation and healthcare?

      Your 2010 Census Form has arrived.

      www.census.dc.gov

      From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
      Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] gunshots or fireworks?

      Last night, I heard 4 pops, followed by another 5. From inside my house it sounded like the came right around 3rd and Rhode Island NE.

      Was anyone able to tell if they were gunshots or firecrackers?

    • Steven Conn
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2010
        Dear Commander Greene, thanks for the update. The shooting, along with the arrests from Thursdays, 01APR10 (bolded below), all within a 1 or 2 block radius of 4th and Rhode Island NE further underscore the dangerous activity in the area.

        Thank you for your dedication to our area, so we may work together to build a safe community.

        Best regards and Happy Easter! Steven

        ARREST# : 051001561
        DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 0615
        LOCATION: 308 V ST NE - PSA: 501
        OFFENDER: REID, N
        SEX: F
        OFFENSE: UCSA POSS. DRUG PARAPHENALIA
        TYPE: UNDETERMINED
        OFFICER: C BACON
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
        ARREST# : 051001569
        DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 1620
        LOCATION: 4TH & V ST NE - PSA: 501
        OFFENDER: GILLIS, A
        SEX: F
        OFFENSE: OPERATING AFTER SUSPENSION
        TYPE: MISDEMEANOR
        OFFICER: R SMALL
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
        ARREST# : 051001571
        DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 1743
        LOCATION: 2200 BLK 4TH ST NE - PSA: 501
        OFFENDER: MINOR, T
        SEX: F
        OFFENSE: COUNTERFEIT TAGS
        TYPE: MISDEMEANOR
        OFFICER: J JONES

        From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
        Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
        To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2010
          Happy Easter Steve we will continue to concentrate on this area to off set the summer activities in the corridor
          Commander Lamar D. Greene

          From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
          Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
          To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>