gunshots or fireworks?

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2 9:36 PM
      Last night, I heard 4 pops, followed by another 5. From inside my house it sounded like the came right around 3rd and Rhode Island NE.

      Was anyone able to tell if they were gunshots or firecrackers?
    • Mrgeovani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3 6:13 AM
        There was a shooting at 4th and Rhode Island. That's all the details I received on the MPD text alert

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@...>
        Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
        To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [MPD-5D] gunshots or fireworks?

        Last night, I heard 4 pops, followed by another 5. From inside my house it sounded like the came right around 3rd and Rhode Island NE.

        Was anyone able to tell if they were gunshots or firecrackers?

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3 6:39 AM
          Around 2am a cherry red impala with a white top drove through the 2100 block of 4th street and discharged a fire arm. Later during the night a male subject walked into an area hospital and indicated he had been shot in the ankle while at that location. Detectives are investigating the shooting at this time and need information. Please call 202 727 9099 with any information that you may have relative to this incident!
          Commander Lamar D. Greene

          Do you have 10 minutes for better schools, public transportation and healthcare?

          Your 2010 Census Form has arrived.

          www.census.dc.gov

            From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
            Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
            To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3 8:43 AM
              Dear Commander Greene, thanks for the update. The shooting, along with the arrests from Thursdays, 01APR10 (bolded below), all within a 1 or 2 block radius of 4th and Rhode Island NE further underscore the dangerous activity in the area.

              Thank you for your dedication to our area, so we may work together to build a safe community.

              Best regards and Happy Easter! Steven

              ARREST# : 051001561
              DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 0615
              LOCATION: 308 V ST NE - PSA: 501
              OFFENDER: REID, N
              SEX: F
              OFFENSE: UCSA POSS. DRUG PARAPHENALIA
              TYPE: UNDETERMINED
              OFFICER: C BACON
              ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
              ARREST# : 051001569
              DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 1620
              LOCATION: 4TH & V ST NE - PSA: 501
              OFFENDER: GILLIS, A
              SEX: F
              OFFENSE: OPERATING AFTER SUSPENSION
              TYPE: MISDEMEANOR
              OFFICER: R SMALL
              ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
              ARREST# : 051001571
              DT-TM: 01-APR-10 - 1743
              LOCATION: 2200 BLK 4TH ST NE - PSA: 501
              OFFENDER: MINOR, T
              SEX: F
              OFFENSE: COUNTERFEIT TAGS
              TYPE: MISDEMEANOR
              OFFICER: J JONES

              From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
              Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3 9:24 AM
                Happy Easter Steve we will continue to concentrate on this area to off set the summer activities in the corridor
                Commander Lamar D. Greene

                From: Steven Conn <steven_conn@ yahoo.com>
                Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups. com>