Re: New CSOSA office coming?

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2005
      The new CSOSA office will be across from the Metro on Rhode Island Avenue, next to
      Jimmie Muscatello's Uniform store.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "slycalls" <slycalls@y...> wrote:

      > I hear that our PSA is getting a new CSOSA office. Does anyone know
      > when it will be opening?

    • Darth kir
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2005
        What does CSOSA mean. Should I be happy or sad that it
        is moving to that new location?

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Rynecki
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2005
          This office is where convicts revolving back to the real world check-in to set up parole meetings and job/training details.

          Darth kir <Darth_kir@...> wrote:
          What does CSOSA mean. Should I be happy or sad that it
          is moving to that new location?

          __________________________________
          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/aRSolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • terri_west_of_tracks
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2005
            Hi,

            The new CSOSA office will be in the building called Jimmie
            Muscatello's Uniform Service and the adjacent building. You can see
            the renovation going on now. The renovation itself is a sign of
            neighborhood improvement which services like CSOSA can bring to
            ex-offenders and the community at-large. CSOSA has planned a series of
            meetings that will involve the commmunity and ex-offenders that will
            take place in the coming months for those who want to be involved.

            Terri on 7th

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Darth kir <Darth_kir@y...> wrote:

            > What does CSOSA mean. Should I be happy or sad that it
            > is moving to that new location?
            >

            > __________________________________
            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          • slycalls
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2005
              That's good to know. Thanks! Do you know when it is scheduled to
              open?

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "terri_west_of_tracks"

            • gwensouth@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 14, 2005
                Terri,

                Is this CSOSA office going to be located across the street from the Rhode Island Avenue Metro Station?  What is the exact address of this CSOSA Office?

                Will this office physically serve ex-offenders or is it for administrative use only?  If the office is to serve ex-offenders, approximately how many ex-offenders will this office serve.  Are they violent ex-offenders, nonviolent ex-offenders, or both? Are the ex-offenders ward 5 residents only?

                Will drug testing take place at this office?  When is the office scheduled to open for business?

                How can a citizen determine who is the parole officer for ex-offenders living and/or visiting in a particular neighborhood?  If there are any CSOSA representatives on this listserv, please feel free to answer these questions and give more details about specific activities to take place at this office.  Thanks

                Gwen Southerland

                In a message dated 11/10/2005 6:36:26 AM Eastern Standard Time, terri_west_of_tracks@... writes:
                Hi,

                The new CSOSA office will be in the building called Jimmie
                Muscatello's Uniform Service and the adjacent building. You can see
                the renovation going on now. The renovation itself is a sign of
                neighborhood improvement which services like CSOSA can bring to
                ex-offenders and the community at-large. CSOSA has planned a series of
                meetings that will involve the commmunity and ex-offenders that will
                take place in the coming months for those who want to be involved.

                Terri on 7th

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Darth kir <Darth_kir@y...> wrote:

                > What does CSOSA mean. Should I be happy or sad that it
                > is moving to that new location?
                >

                > __________________________________
                > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

              • terri_west_of_tracks
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 14, 2005
                  Ms. Southerland,

                  The exact address is 900 Rhode Island Avenue, NE, Washington, DC
                  20018. It is located on the north side of RI Avenue, across from the
                  entrance to the RI Ave/Brentwood Metro Stop, Home Depot, and Bank of
                  America. To the west of this future CSOSA site is a religious school
                  beautifully painted a dark blue color.

                  The purpose of the office is to "serve" ex-offenders and the
                  community. This location borders PSA 501 and 502. PSA 501 has some 577
                  to 866 ex-offenders and PSA 502 has some 174 to 360 ex-offenders. The
                  next closest CSOSA field location is at 25 K Street, NE which borders
                  PSA 501, 502, and 504. PSA 504 has some 577 to 866 ex-offenders.

                  For specific answers to your questions, contact CSOSA at 202-220-5333.
                  They have a Fifth District representative who can answer these
                  questions and whom you can invite to participate on this listserv.

                  Hope this helps,

                  Terri on 7th Street