Cone of Light - Tree Trimming - Crime on Unit P ST NW

  • Mrgeovani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2010
      We just had our single member ANC meeting and were informed by Mr. Matthew Marcou and James Walker from DDOT that MPD has to request trimming of trees on unit block of P ST NW and at Florida Avenue and First ST Park to improve lighting at these locations. DDOT stated that because of DC's urban tree canopy protections, MPD identifies areas that require improved lighting through tree trimming to create a cone of light.

      Commander Greene, as you know, the area of the unit block of P ST NW was designated a hot zone this past fall. You are well aware of the Florida Avenue Park issues as well. Speaking of the park, while I was jogging by there this morning at 6 am, I noticed individuals going in and out of the park (though the gate is closed). The bars at the corner of First ST NW and Florida Avenue have been bent to allow individuals to get in and out of the park in the dark.

      Regards,

      Geovani Bonilla
      Unit block of P ST NW
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2010
        Parks and rec is working on fixing the bars, commissioner bonds has been working on that issue. Hopefully they will be repaired soon. In the meantime I have advised officers to patrol that area regularly!
        Commander Lamar D. Greene

        Do you have 10 minutes for better schools, public transportation and healthcare?

        Your 2010 Census Form has arrived.

        www.census.dc.gov