Re: [MPD-5D] Shots heard last night at Dunbar High School / N Street and Kirby

  • Paul Meyers
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
      the cops showed up at 1405 first street.  yelled at someone there, looked around the yard and street for about 10 minutes then drove off.  I have no idea what happened if anything productive....

      Rob Amos <robamos@...> wrote:
      Last night about 2:00 am, a rapid set of gunshots (10-15) folowed by 2-3 single shots were heard coming from at N St NW and Kirby near the Dunbar High School football field. I called 911 but never heard any officers respond to the call nor did I receive any phone confirmation of them being sent out (I always leave my name and number)

      What happened? and why did no one respond?

      Perhaps Councilmember Mendelson should hold his 'town hall' meetings on the Street of MPD-5D and not in the saftery of the Police Headquarters.  I'd suggest either after midnight or in the middle of the day when our kids are out ... they both seem to be popular times of the day for gunfire in our warzone.

      cduffie2005 <cduffie2005@...> wrote:
      Greetings 5D Residents,
            Councilmember Mendelson would like to invite you to his Public
      Safety Town Hall Meeting on November 10. It will be at the Fifth
      District
      Police Headquarters at 7:00pm. The Councilmember would like to discuss
      issues presently before the Council. He would also like to hear the
      concerns
      of Fifth District residents. We will be joined by members of the US
      Attorneys
      Office. Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors. We look
      forward to seeing you there.

    • cduffie2007
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2007
        For Immediate Release
        CONTACT: Jason J. Shedlock
        April 11, 2007
        Phone: (202) 724-8779
        Fax: (202) 724-8099

        MENDELSON TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING ON PUBLIC SAFETY
        Theme for the citywide session is "Make Public Safety a Community
        Affair."

        (Washington, DC) Councilmember Phil Mendelson (At-
        Large) recently announced that he is holding a Town Hall Meeting to
        address a wide spectrum of issues related to crime in the District of
        Columbia. Members of the public are invited to join Mendelson and a
        number of officials who are slated to make brief presentations and
        answer questions on topics ranging from crime prevention to
        prosecution, and detention to rehabilitation.

        The Town Hall will be held on Monday, April 23rd at
        Ward Memorial A.M.E. Church from 6:30 until 8:30 pm. Located at 241
        42nd Street, NE, Ward Memorial is accessible via the Benning Road
        stop on Metrorail's Blue Line and is also accessible via the V7, U2,
        and W4 Metrobusses.

        Confirmed guests at the Town Hall are: Chief of
        Police Cathy Lanier, DC Attorney General Linda Singer, US Attorney
        Jeffery Taylor, and Devon Brown, Director of the Department of
        Corrections. Also invited are representatives from the DC Superior
        Court, Public Defender Service, Pretrial Services Agency, Bureau of
        Prisons, and the Court Services & Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA).

        "I urge the residents of the District to join me at
        this Town Hall and take advantage of this opportunity to air their
        concerns and get straight answers to their questions on public safety-
        related issues," stated Mendelson. "Not often are all of the key
        players in one place at the same time, and no issue is too large or
        too small when it comes to making our neighborhoods safer places to
        live, work, play, and learn."

        -30-
        Currently serving in his third term as At-Large Councilmember, Phil
        Mendelson is also Chairman of the Council's Committee on Public
        Safety and the Judiciary. For more information, visit
        http://dccouncil.us/mendelson/index.html.