Shots heard last night at Dunbar High School / N Street and Kirby

  • Rob Amos
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
      Last night about 2:00 am, a rapid set of gunshots (10-15) folowed by 2-3 single shots were heard coming from at N St NW and Kirby near the Dunbar High School football field. I called 911 but never heard any officers respond to the call nor did I receive any phone confirmation of them being sent out (I always leave my name and number)

      What happened? and why did no one respond?

      Perhaps Councilmember Mendelson should hold his 'town hall' meetings on the Street of MPD-5D and not in the saftery of the Police Headquarters.  I'd suggest either after midnight or in the middle of the day when our kids are out ... they both seem to be popular times of the day for gunfire in our warzone.

      cduffie2005 <cduffie2005@...> wrote:
      Greetings 5D Residents,
            Councilmember Mendelson would like to invite you to his Public
      Safety Town Hall Meeting on November 10. It will be at the Fifth
      District
      Police Headquarters at 7:00pm. The Councilmember would like to discuss
      issues presently before the Council. He would also like to hear the
      concerns
      of Fifth District residents. We will be joined by members of the US
      Attorneys
      Office. Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors. We look
      forward to seeing you there.

    • Paul Meyers

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2007
          For Immediate Release
          CONTACT: Jason J. Shedlock
          April 11, 2007
          Phone: (202) 724-8779
          Fax: (202) 724-8099

          MENDELSON TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING ON PUBLIC SAFETY
          Theme for the citywide session is "Make Public Safety a Community
          Affair."

          (Washington, DC) Councilmember Phil Mendelson (At-
          Large) recently announced that he is holding a Town Hall Meeting to
          address a wide spectrum of issues related to crime in the District of
          Columbia. Members of the public are invited to join Mendelson and a
          number of officials who are slated to make brief presentations and
          answer questions on topics ranging from crime prevention to
          prosecution, and detention to rehabilitation.

          The Town Hall will be held on Monday, April 23rd at
          Ward Memorial A.M.E. Church from 6:30 until 8:30 pm. Located at 241
          42nd Street, NE, Ward Memorial is accessible via the Benning Road
          stop on Metrorail's Blue Line and is also accessible via the V7, U2,
          and W4 Metrobusses.

          Confirmed guests at the Town Hall are: Chief of
          Police Cathy Lanier, DC Attorney General Linda Singer, US Attorney
          Jeffery Taylor, and Devon Brown, Director of the Department of
          Corrections. Also invited are representatives from the DC Superior
          Court, Public Defender Service, Pretrial Services Agency, Bureau of
          Prisons, and the Court Services & Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA).

          "I urge the residents of the District to join me at
          this Town Hall and take advantage of this opportunity to air their
          concerns and get straight answers to their questions on public safety-
          related issues," stated Mendelson. "Not often are all of the key
          players in one place at the same time, and no issue is too large or
          too small when it comes to making our neighborhoods safer places to
          live, work, play, and learn."

          -30-
          Currently serving in his third term as At-Large Councilmember, Phil
          Mendelson is also Chairman of the Council's Committee on Public
          Safety and the Judiciary. For more information, visit
          http://dccouncil.us/mendelson/index.html.