Re: [MPD-5D] Strip Clubs Erode Pubilc Safety and We Should Say No!

  • Rob Amos
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
      Quit with the generalizations.

      For each strip club you can produce that "erodes public safety" and I can provide you with one that does not and has full support of the MPD.

      And that's a fact.

      From: Rob Amos <robamos@...>
      Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>; <cmurray@...>; <crm_112@...>; <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: <cm_112@...>

      I'm sorry but the statement

      "Finally, what is neighborly about endless police calls for service, used condoms on the sidewalks, streets littered with liquor bottles and trash and prostitutes that come from other states to make money" can be used to describe my block and I do not have any strip clubs anywhere near my house/block.

      I regularly make DC Service Calls, pick up used condoms, clean up liquor and beer bottles and deal with prostitute turning tricks right in front of my house.

      The problems of Ward 5 are not there because of Strip Clubs ...

      Stop with the alarmist FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) arguments.

      and for the record, I'm not a clientt nor an investor in the Ward 5 strip clubs

      rob

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
        This is a wonderful conversation for the Ward 5 List. MPD should be for MPD matter. Ward 5 is there for all to opine.

        -Robby

        Without forgiveness, there's no future.
        -Desmond Tutu

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2010
          Actually, the Ward 5 group is NOT open for all to opine. Plenty of people have been kicked off for disagreeing with the moderators. In my neighborhood, it is not regarded as a forum for open and honest discussion.

          Now, if there's a whole other listserv we don't know about, please clue me in so I - and my neighbors - can join!

          K. Lee