gunshots early Sunday morning, 11/6/2005, near Flagler & W Street NW in PSA 501

  • scott@scott-roberts.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      I am posting this for a fellow Bloomingdale resident in PSA 501 who is not a member of the MPD 5D list.

      Early Sunday morning around 3:30 am, I suddenly woke to hear 7-8 gun shots followed by screeching tires and a car speeding away.  I immediately called 311 to report what had happened.  After the call, I went outside to see if anyone had been hurt (with cell phone in hand prepared to call 911 if someone was found).  I was greeted by my neighbor who had also heard the gun shots and peeked out of the window only to see a blue Caprice speeding out of the alley on Flager, slam into a silver van parked on the west side of Flager, and back up to peel away.  I waited outside for MPD to arrive and they never showed up.  I am a Firefighter in the city and reported this when I made the 311 call, hoping that someone would take me seriously.  During the conversation with the call taker, he asked me if I had heard anyone scream after the shots.  I said no and then told the call taker I was going to step outside to make sure no one was hurt.   He advised me to "be careful," and then hung up the phone.    I was very disappointed by MPD's lack of response.  If I should have handled this situation differently, I would appreciate some input.   Thank you for your time,
      Colin St. Clair
      V Street Resident