Fw: [MPD-5D] Re: Visitors Parking Pass

  • Gigi Ransom
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      Ms. Hazel,

      Don't know if this issue has been forwarded to you.  It is about visitors to DC who go to polcie stations to get visitors parking passes, or those who have rental cars who also receive parking tickets.  Can you shed some light on this issue, which has been posted to the 5D listserv for some time.  I went to your site, at the follwoing link: http://dmv.dc.gov/serv/registration/ROSA.shtm per the information shared below.  For example, if you have an overnight visitor from time to time, would this apply and what would be the fee?

      I know this is a challenging subject matter, but citizens are concerned about getting parking tickets after doing what they were told is the right thing

      From: tracey.williams1713 @... <tracey.williams1713 @...>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 11:03 PM

      Hi Ms Ransom ... I live on West Virginia Ave and have had this same problem for some time now where my friend who has MD tags visits me overnight for the weekend and either gets ticketed or warning tickets for not displaying DC tags. I have obtained the 15 day permits from 5D and he has still been ticketed with the permit displayed in his window. I cannot understand why taxpaying DC residents cannot have visitors overnight without being harrassed by parking enforcement. I also know that this does not happen in some other areas of the city. Please tell me what type of permit I need to get so that this can stop. Thank you
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: Gigi Ransom <gigir1829@yahoo. com>
      Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 04:52:17 -0800 (PST)
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com>

      If it is determined that DPW parking enforcement wrote these tickets, please have your ANC contact the DPW ANC liaison, or contact Kevin Twine to have referred to appropriate DPW management person to discuss this matter.  Remember, due to snow storms, they are behind in writing tickets.  Sometimes parking officers are "over zealous" in writing tickets.  Gigi